Miscellaneous Mental Musings of an Emerging Artist
Logical yet nonetheless irritating–I’ve had so much going on in the past week that I’ve been unable to update the journal with what I’ve been doing for the past week.
– Thursday night is the Bachelor Party for my friend Herbie. There is poker, there is WhirlyBall, and there is a mostly-abandoned bar.
– Friday is a day off and a rehearsal dinner.
– Saturday is the wedding itself. I am standing in this wedding, and discover that I have lost significant waistline in a month, and indeed may have lost an inch since the recent Thursday. This is good, and yet not.
– Sunday is a religious function at my parent’s place.
– Monday there is a barbecue, but little else.
– Tuesday I arrive at the office to find the offices of several co-workers emptied out into the hallway. Nobody has been fired, our company has not been evicted. It is simply a necessary consequence of new carpet installation. The twist is when I and my managing editor discover that our office is also due for new carpeting, but nobody had told us. Commence the movement of large furniture and heavy books.
In the midst of all this, I begin to put together an audition list for actors interested in After the Rock Left and In the Eye of Ivan, and there’s a pesky book about Ohio State Football that’s been beating me down with spirit-crushing boredom all week.
For now, that’s all you get. Maybe next week you can have more.
–Bilal thinks his life is so interesting that he can speak of it like a pile of Godiva chocolate that you will get only if you are good, although more likely most people would far prefer the chocolate to any of these stories. –Ed.
Current music: MP3 list, Wilco, “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart”